Welcome to the "Dawn Of Battle"


Greetings to everyone,

"In a society that I hate deeply and scars my soul daily, the foundations and rules of which I deny, being likeable would mean that I am starting to look like it..."

This is the quote that I live by the last few years but come to think of it, I could as well be living by that particular quote all my life, without even knowing it.

The purpose of this blog is to gather all my thoughts in one place, nothing fancy, just a piece of me. The articles that I write are a blend of my experiences and thoughts.

I hope some of you enjoy what you read here and Ι welcome you all to walk down that road together.

8/25/11

Work (…for the working man?)





As I’m going through my second year of (official) unemployement, I began to see certain things about me, my life and my attitude towards the whole “work” thing, have changed dramatically.

            During the last 11-12 years working has always been a part of my life. I can’t recall a single year passing by, without thinking almost instantly where I was working at that time. I’ve changed various workplaces over the years, worked in many fields and met hundreds of people. There is an old saying around here that goes like this : “Work is not a shame”. I’ll paraphrase it a bit judging by my own experience like always : “Work is not a shame, except for when you work with useless people”. You see, I believe that it’s the people who can make you like or hate work. I really wish that all “wrong people in the wrong place” could just vanish from every workplace to make it more viable for people with real skills and usefulness.


            But what is the meaning of “work” anyway? Is the meaning attached to that of “usefulness” or “viability”? Has it got the same meaning as it did 5, 50 or 500 years ago? Hell no! What I’m about to write here DOES NOT by any chance mean that I’m some lazy ass bastard who likes to sit around all day long waiting for the “perfect job” or for some cash to fall out of the sky.

I’ve come across many articles and books during the last years, with subjects like “The End of Work” etc. There is also an excellent view on the subject, along with a view on “The Fall of the Monetary System”, beautifully portrayed and analyzed in the “Zeitgeist” movie series. I’d advise you to see the movies, but I don’t promote them, I only “promote” free and unrestrained thought. One of those books mentioned that “75% of jobs globally could be replaced by machines tomorrow”. It’s a shocking percentage indeed, but if you do a little search, you’ll find even on YouTube some videos of “fully-automated factories”, one of which is even constructing whole houses. There are also some videos of “fully-automated restaurants”, auto-cooking, auto-ordering, auto-dishwashing, etc. and payment via credit card so there’s nothing to steal inside, auto-locking, over and out.

To sum it all up, I must admit that I support all technological evolution almost 100%, it has helped us much more than we’d like to admit, even though sometimes we’re using it for destructive purposes. So I was thinking, could we be facing this thing called “The End of Work”? Yes! Anytime soon? No! Unemployment is higher than ever and we mustn’t fool ourselves, most of the jobs that are lost, will hardly be regained in the near future. Every major industry has economic problems nowadays from car industries to show business. 

We’ve achieved so many things, but we still haven’t managed to create a viable environment for the biggest part of the population. The thing is though, that no money-driven government is going to allow technology to go “that far” and change the meaning of “work” and “living” forever, except for Japan maybe, I’ve seen some “mini-wonders” happening over there lately. That is though, if they survive their “Tsunamis”. The truth is though, that we all have our own “Tsunamis” to survive these days.

“We’re just children of tomorrow, hanging on to yesterday…”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...