Welcome to the "Dawn Of Battle"


Greetings to everyone,

"In a society that I hate deeply and scars my soul daily, the foundations and rules of which I deny, being likeable would mean that I am starting to look like it..."

This is the quote that I live by the last few years but come to think of it, I could as well be living by that particular quote all my life, without even knowing it.

The purpose of this blog is to gather all my thoughts in one place, nothing fancy, just a piece of me. The articles that I write are a blend of my experiences and thoughts.

I hope some of you enjoy what you read here and Ι welcome you all to walk down that road together.

12/20/11

666 – The Rambler Of The Feast


666 – The Rambler Of The Feast







A few days ago I reached 666 views on my blog. This really took me down the memory lane, as for many years I hadn’t written down anywhere that number, which used to mean so much to me in the past, especially during my school years.






During my high school and junior high years, I remember myself being some sort of an outcast by both my extended family as well as some of my schoolmates, due to my choices of music and clothing. I was among the 5 people in my school who listened to Hard Rock and Heavy Metal and that alone was more than enough. My choice of style didn’t help the situation much either, considering that I was among the 2 or 3 people with earrings, torn jeans and t-shirts, chains, leather gloves, leather boots, shirts with stamps from metal bands, dark sunglasses all day and night and long hair. Most of them because I believed that “if you’re into metal, you gotta shout METAL with your whole outfit”, except the long hair, which I started growing because I was very fond of the style of Adrian Paul, the actor in the “Highlander “ series.


            Many people back then used to call me names –and some still do-, with “junkie”, “bump” and “Satanist” being the most popular. Many people believe that there is a bond between Heavy Metal and that got me all excited back then! I didn’t look any further into the subject, not until a few years later, when I started reading all sorts of books and magazines about rock music and religion, but believe me when I say so, for a 12 year old kid who feels like an outcast, the party-all-day-super-power-dark-master-Satan, was way more interesting than the I-am-a strict-punisher-of-everything-thou-shall-not-feel-joy-God. I don’t believe in any God or religion now, but back in those days I remember filling all my school books with drawings of demons, fire, pentagrams, and last but not least, our “beloved” number 666. Having almost 10 priests in the family and attending Sunday school for many years, as well as talking with many priests and theologists, didn’t help at all, it probably did the exact opposite.

            In general however, speaking clearly from an artist’s point of view, black magic symbols, middle ages and gothic dark art are much more exciting than white clouds, angels and pearly gates. Sketching the plainest drawing of a gargoyle or a demon, can easily overcome in my mind, the best image of any angel or even Jesus Christ himself. I am speaking clearly from my own point of view here and certainly, without praising or degrading ANY religion, simply because they all mean nothing to me now.



*Gotta finish this article in a hurry, there’s some weird people with torches and pitchforks knocking at my door…*



P.S. – As far as the views on my blog are concerned, I couldn’t care less if there were only 66 or less. There over one thousand now and I guess they’ll increase even more now that I’ve started writing more often. I don’t care much if I’ll be considered a crowd-pleaser or not, I’d rather have 6 people reading my blog and understanding my point of view, than 6.000 people who just found something or someone new to jerk-off while networking. Cheers. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...