Welcome to the "Dawn Of Battle"


Greetings to everyone,

"In a society that I hate deeply and scars my soul daily, the foundations and rules of which I deny, being likeable would mean that I am starting to look like it..."

This is the quote that I live by the last few years but come to think of it, I could as well be living by that particular quote all my life, without even knowing it.

The purpose of this blog is to gather all my thoughts in one place, nothing fancy, just a piece of me. The articles that I write are a blend of my experiences and thoughts.

I hope some of you enjoy what you read here and Ι welcome you all to walk down that road together.

8/24/11

Sleeping Village


Mani rocks… (and rolls!)





It’s the place where my fathers’ part of the family comes from and a place where I lived for a just little time when I was a kid. I can’t say though that I was all that attached to it myself. I’m a “big city boy” most of the time however, I had the chance to make some friends down there and get emotionally attached to the place over the years. Still, I never felt like “home” or something similar. That is until now.

            After my father passed away, I never visited the place again for almost 7 or 8 years. I was very young though and I couldn’t drive, but I also didn’t have the urge to visit which was far more important. I can’t say that I get along perfectly with all of my relatives, the generation gap seems way bigger down there, but that’s another story. The fact is that we finally managed to finish a half-built home we had there, a house my father started building over 20 years ago so, during the last 4-5 years I started visiting the place more often than ever.


            I can clearly describe the place as “awesome”! It has everything I ever wanted in a ‘second home’. Mountains, sea, breathtaking scenery, roads leading to unexplored and hidden places, delicious local cuisine, countless ancient Greek monuments and archeological sites and very few people (for me that’s a plus, because it means solitude and peace of mind).


            The truth is that I could never imagine myself living in a small village for ever, away from the city, simply because I’m sort of a “music-junkie”, I go where the music is and everything music-related is in the city. I’ve come to terms with my choice, but I definitely couldn’t leave this unique and wild beauty of Mani unnoticed and unmentioned.

Easy times at hard places. Mani is a place where not even roaches survive, every animal hear is hungry. (No really I’ve never seen any roaches around…)

P.S. – Having a second home near the sea is a super plus for me and especially nowadays. I can say that I feel extremely lucky about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...